2012-08-22

end of my relationship with a machine


Not much to look at, but parked out on the street there - almost completely hidden behind the lamp post and my coworker's big Harley - is my wee Honda CBR125R, who I call "Arthur".

I bought him third hand, about two and a half years ago, and since then he's been my work-horse of a bike.  Getting me to-and-fro on my daily commute, weather permitting.  Much like this photo he's done the work in an unobtrusive manner, no drama, no show boating, just head down and getting it done to the best of his abilities.  Which were uncomfortably pushed to their limits once I began riding on the highway rather than sticking to side streets.  His tiny 125cc four stroke can just barely keep up with traffic if I thrash it for every cubic millimeter of power that it can produce.

So it's time for Arthur to be replaced.

Yesterday I took this photo of him from the lunchroom window of the office I work at, to remember the last day I rode him.  I had to drive in my smart car today as the motorcycle insurance swaps over to the new bike, which I'll be picking that up this evening; a shiny new Suzuki V-Strom DL650A ABS.

Arthur will soon be sold to his fourth owner.  Thank you, faithful steed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment