2012-07-15

e-bike: whoops part 2

I have determined why my Switch 100's motor running in reverse. Messing around with the wiring, battery and pouring over various diagrams and photos was getting me nowhere, until I spotted something in this photo:

I took this when I was disassembling the wheel hub motor - not because it needed fixing, I just wanted to poke around inside and see what was in there.  The photo is of the wire order for the socket that connects the Hall Effect sensors to the controller, which I took because I had to remove the wires from the socket in order to take the wheel apart.

The important bit is that the wires coming out of the motor pass through the brake side of the wheel, and I've gone and reassembled the wheel backwards, so that the wires are coming out of the gear side instead.  No wonder it's running in reverse, I've put the stator in backwards. >.<

I've taken the wheel apart and rebuilt it, and it's now running perfectly. \o/

Next I'll temporarily install the batteries into the bike frame - bungee cords and duct tape go! - and take it for a test spin, then maybe an endurance ride to determine the battery capacity.

...

In other news, I passed my M2 Exit test today, so I now have a full M class license.  YAHOO! ^_^

Time to start shopping for a new motorcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment